DNS Check can send you notifications via PagerDuty when DNS records start passing or failing. This page describes how to setup DNS Check / PagerDuty integration.
- Log in to your DNS Check account.
- Click the User icon in the top-right corner, then click Notification Settings:
- Click the PagerDuty tab:
- Click the green Alert with PagerDuty button. This will direct you to an authorization page on PagerDuty's website:
Alternatively, you can click the Manually configure PagerDuty check box if you prefer to enter a PagerDuty API key directly.
- Enter your PagerDuty login information, then click Authorize Integration:
- Choose a name and escalation policy for the DNS Check service, then click Finish Integration:
PagerDuty will direct you back to DNS Check’s website. If the integration process is complete, then there will be a message in a green box as shown below indicating that. Otherwise, a red box will be displayed, indicating why the integration process is not complete:
Notice that in the above screenshot, the Enable PagerDuty notifications field is "On". You can toggle this field off and on to disable and re-enable PagerDuty notifications at any time.
- DNS Check + PagerDuty = Complete DNS Monitoring - a blog post which announced the integration and provides a high-level overview of both services.
- How to Integrate with PagerDuty: DNS Check Integration Guide - an integration guide that's hosted by PagerDuty.