DNS Check can send you notifications via PagerDuty when DNS records start passing or failing. This page describes how to set up DNS Check / PagerDuty integration.
- Log in to your DNS Check account.
- Click the User icon in the top-right corner, then click Notification Settings:
- Click the PagerDuty tab:
- Click the green Alert with PagerDuty button. This directs you to an authorization page on PagerDuty's website:
Alternatively, you can click the Manually configure PagerDuty checkbox if you prefer to enter a PagerDuty API key directly.
- Log in to your PagerDuty account.
- Select the PagerDuty service that you wish to have DNS Check send alerts to, then click Connect:
PagerDuty will direct you back to DNS Check’s website. If the integration process is complete, then a message appears in a green box, as shown below, indicating that. Otherwise, a red box is displayed, indicating why the integration process is not complete:
Notice that in the above screenshot, the PagerDuty notifications are turned on. You can toggle this field off and on to disable and re-enable PagerDuty notifications at any time.
Congratulations! You're now finished integrating DNS Check and PagerDuty.
If you need help with this integration, please get in touch with DNS Check.
- DNS Check + PagerDuty = Complete DNS Monitoring - a blog post that announced the integration and provided a high-level overview of both services.