You can use DNS Check to monitor DNS records for changes. Monitored DNS records are automatically checked every 5 minutes by default.
Here's how to set this up:
- Sign up for a DNS Check account.
- Click on DNS Checks in the top navigation bar:
- Click the Add DNS record group button:
- This brings up the following form:
Here's a brief description of each field:
- Name - this appears in the DNS record group page's title and header.
- Description - the optional description appears below the title. Example uses include internal notes or instructions for posting DNS records.
- Name servers to query - if you have a paid account, you can optionally specify which name server (DNS server) you wish to query. You can enter the name server's domain name or IP address. DNS Check's recursive name servers are queried by default.
- Check frequency - How often to check DNS records in this record group. The default is 5 minutes, and only paid accounts may edit this setting.
- Make publicly visible - When this option is on, you can share the DNS record group's URL with anyone whom you wish to give read-only access. Here's an example publicly visible DNS record group. When this option is off, your DNS record group can only be viewed by logging into your account.
- Notifications - this controls whether to send notifications when a DNS record changes state between passing and failing. See our Notification Settings page for more details.
When you're finished filling out the form, click Save to create the new DNS record group.
- Now it's time to add DNS records:
You have two options:
- Add individual DNS records by clicking the Add DNS record button and then clicking on the DNS record type if you would like to add.
- Import a zone file by clicking the Import zone file button.
DNS Check makes many notification options available to you. Each time a DNS record changes state between passing and failing, a notification gets sent using each enabled option. You may enable as many or as few of these options as you'd like.
See our Notification Settings page for more details.