DNS Check allows you to troubleshoot DNS issues by verifying that your DNS servers are returning the correct responses to DNS queries.
For example, if you have multiple DNS servers, and suspect that there are replication issues, you could:
- Create a new DNS record group.
- Import your zone file(s).
- Test the imported records on each DNS server.
If there are replication errors, the above test exposes which records are impacted on which name servers.
You can also identify and troubleshoot intermittent DNS issues by viewing a DNS record's notification history, and looking for patterns.
Each monitored DNS record has a "View History" button that you can click on to view all recent events that triggered notifications.
- Free accounts retain 7 days of history.
- Paid accounts retain 90 days of history.